Brenham Christian Academy
2111 S. Blue Bell Road
Brenham, TX 77833
Doctrinal Statement & Core Values
Brenham Christian Academy’s Statement of Faith is evangelical in nature and reaffirms the historic elements of the Christian faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9-11; Colossians 3:1), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14).
- Biblical Authority: “Accurately handling” God’s Word and viewing the world and life through biblical truth
- Authentic Christian Living and World Evangelism: Producing Christians who live to tell about their faith
- Respecting the Role of Parents: Honoring parents’ place of primacy in the lives of their students
- Authentic Christian Living for Teachers: Valuing students, and modeling their faith and learning to them
- Christ-centered Education Equipping Students for Life: Preparing students to enjoy a lifetime of learning and to fulfill God’s calling in their lives
- Christian Character and Leadership: Producing true servant-leaders through whom God can transform society
- Christian Athletics and Leadership: Demonstrating the value of teamwork, discipline, and personal sacrifice
- Prayer and Worship: Encouraging the vertical relationship with God and horizontal relationships with others